• Bottle of Prosecco (sparkling white wine from Italy) or Champagne. Most gals go goo-goo for the bubbles
• Wine - a bottle of white and a bottle of red
• Oils. Extra virgin olive oil and a vegetable oil such as canola. Some sort of oil spray (They make all types these days.) Walnut oil is good for massages.
• Non-salted butter. It's better quality (organic dairy is better, if it fits in your budget.)
• Salts. Get kosher salt, not table salt. Kosher salt melts more evenly and is better. Sea salt is great for salads. And guess what? Gals love salads too.
• Black peppercorns. Get a pepper mill. Don't use the pre-ground stuff; it's not as nice.
• Always have fresh garlic and onions. This is a must. I vary between white, yellow and red onions. Forget the powdered stuff; it's crap.
• Balsamic vinegar
• Lemons and limes. They're good for beer, fish and lots of other flavoring too.
• Some dry herbs. Not too many, as they do lose their flavor over time.